Tuesday, January 9, 2018

India - Mother,Weep not for me by Saibaba in Nagpur Prison

Mother,Weep not for me by Saibaba in Nagpur Prison


Democracy and Class Struggle says Professor G N Saibaba should never be in prison - he is a true people's hero of the 21st century and one of India's best sons - please support the calls to free him.



When you came to see me
Mother, weep not for me
I couldn’t see your face
from the fiberglass window
If you glanced at my crippled body
you could truly believe that I am still alive
Mother, cry not for my absence at home
When I was at home
and the world
I had many friends
When I am incarcerated in this Prison’s
Anda cell
I have gained many more friends
Across the globe
Mother, despair not for my failing health
When you couldn’t afford a glass of milk
in my childhood
you fed me with your words
of strength and courage
At this time o pain and suffering
I am still strong with what you
had fed me
Mother, lose not your hope
I realised that jail is not death
it is my rebirth
and I will return home
to your lap that nurtured me
with hope and courage
Mother, fear not for my freedom
Tell the world
my freedom lost
is freedom gained for the multitudes
as everyone who comes to stand with me
take the cause of the wretched of the earth
wherein lies my freedom

(After you came to see me at the mulakat at the Prison window on 14th November 2017)

I hope someone translates it for you. Mother, pardon me for writing this in a foreign tongue that you don’t understand. What can I do? I am not allowed to write in the sweet language you taught me in my infancy in your lap.

Yours child with love

G.N. Saibaba

Anda cell, Central Prison
Nagpur
1st December, 2017.


No comments:

Post a Comment